If a tooth needs to be restored, Dr. Nidal Obeid may recommend a dental crown in Chicago, Illinois. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth to protect it and to restore its shape, size, and strength.
When is a dental crown necessary?
Our dentist may suggest a dental crown to:
– Protect a weak tooth from breaking
– Restore a broken tooth
– Strengthen a tooth with a weakened enamel structure
– Restore a tooth that had extensive decay
– Restore the structure of a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
– Improve the appearance of a tooth
– Cover a dental implant
– Anchor a dental bridge
What should I expect during placement?
The tooth enamel of the crown is shaped to allow room for the dental crown in your mouth. Impressions are made of the tooth and the surrounding teeth so that the dental crown can be created specifically for your smile. When your dental crown is ready, Dr. Nidal Obeid will examine the fit and color. After any necessary tweaks have been made, the dental crown will be bonded permanently into place.
To learn more and to set up your next visit, feel free to contact Family Dental of Roscoe at (773) 327-6500 today.