Getting a tooth pulled isn’t fun, but the pain will soon give way to a much more enjoyable and comfortable mouth to enjoy. We use our mouths so often, yet we tend to take it for granted. It isn’t until we lose the ability for it to function properly, that we begin to cherish how important it is, and how much we need to take care of it. Here are a few tips to help you heal after getting a tooth pulled:
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– An increase in swelling
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
To schedule an appointment, and discuss your future options, please call Family Dental of Roscoe at 773-327-6500 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Chicago, Illinois, and we will help you in any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you soon!